With Marabu Aqua Ink Graphix liquid watercolours and a fine brush, you can create a range of expressive and vivid designs. The highly pigmented ink flows in soft transitions and delivers outstanding results, particularly on a watercolour pad.
How it is done:
- Cut the paper to the desired size.
TIP: attach the paper to a smooth surface using crepe tape. This will prevent it from warping excessively when the watery paint is applied. Don’t worry though: the crepe tape can be easily removed once you’re done without causing any damage.
- Before you begin painting the design, prepare all the paints you plan to use on your mixing palette. You’ll need to paint quickly during the subsequent steps so it’s best to be prepared. Mix your chosen paints with plenty of water.
Water colours are soluble. This means that even when the paint is dry, it can be ‘reactivated’ with a bit of water. This is true both on the palette and on paper. All of the white elements in the design are not painted – they are just sections of paper left blank.
- MONSTERA DELICIOSA – wet-on-wet
Sketch out the desired design lightly on paper using a pencil and apply water to the inside of the motif.
- Select a light green colour which you then gently apply to the wet areas using a brush. The paint will only run where the page is wet.
- While the paint is still wet, dip your brush into a darker green and paint over the lighter green in selected places. Watch as the paints mix together on paper.
- Let the paint dry thoroughly. You can use a hair-dryer to help things along, but make sure the colour doesn’t run too much. 5. Now take a thinner brush and the darkest shade of green and add some of the leaf details.
- TIP: use a brush to drip a few water droplets onto the wet paint. This will create unique shapes and patterns.